BEFORE STOPPING ANY MEDICATION PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN
Do NOT eat or drink anything 3 hours prior to your procedure.
If you are taking any Anti-coagulants, please contact your physician about withholding that medication for the specified time period prior to your exam:
- Full Dose Aspirin >81mg/day 7 days
- Plavix, Ticlid or Dipyridamole 7 days
- Coumadin (Warfarin) 5 days & Repeat PT-INR
- Cilostazol (Pletal) 2 – 3 days
- Naproxen (Aleve) 2 – 3 days
- Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) 24 hours
- Lovenox 2x/day 2 doses
- Heperin IV GTT – 2 hours prior to the study
Have you previously experienced a MILD allergic reaction to IV Dye (e.g Hives, Itching)? If YES, you MUST contact your doctor to obtain a prescription for a Steroid Prep; this prep consists of Methylprednisolone (aka Medrol) and Benadryl (OPTIONAL) and must be started 24 hours prior to your study.