Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence Award
An expert American College of Radiology survey team conducted a comprehensive assessment of SJRA’s quality, safety, procedures, and personnel in the following areas:
- Governance and personnel
- Facility organization and management
- Physical environment
- Equipment and IT infrastructure
- Radiation and general safety
- Quality management
- Policies and procedure
- Patient rights and medical records
SJRA achieved the DICOE designation by:
- Meeting ACR accreditation requirements in each and every one of the imaging modalities they provide and in which ACR offers an accreditation program.
- Meeting the requirement for participation in the ACR’s Dose Index Registry® and General Radiology Improvement Database.
- Protecting children and adults from excessive radiation during medical imaging through SJRA’s commitment to the Image Gently® and Image Wisely® campaigns.
“SJRA is a healthcare business of firsts and we are proud to be a leader in medical imaging excellence,” Dr. Muhr continued. “We were first in the region to offer 3D mammography, first to be designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology, and now first to be designated a Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence.”
As the only ACR-designated Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence in the region, SJRA has earned its reputation for excellence. Referring physicians know they can rely on SJRA as a trustworthy partner in medical decision-making. And patients can be further reassured by this latest evidence that SJRA is at the pinnacle of medical imaging care.